The mountain huts are situated at the most northern point of the reserve, 8km into it and away from the reception area, overlooking the beautiful Grootspruit River valley. For those seeking a rustic, secluded and truly natural experience, they are perfect. With lovely braai areas and the ideal view, this is definitely a place to break away from the normal hustle and bustle. The huts are basic, lit by Consol Solar jars and candles. The huts are fitted with gas geysers, a gas fridge and a gas stove. Sleeping four, they are perfect for small family groups. Please note, linen is not supplied.
Warning: Due to heavy rainfall some of the internal roads on the reserve have been damaged due to erosion. Please travel carefully when using these roads. We are working on repairing them as soon as possible. We recommend high rise vehicles only for access to the River camp and Mountain Huts.
(2 single beds, 2 bunk beds)
Outside toilet / gas shower
(with gas stove and gas fridge)
[table id=8 hide_rows=1 /]
Like any nature reserve, peace and quiet, conservation of nature and the safety of our clients are of utmost importance. Please adhere to the following rules of the reserve at all times;
- No Littering.
- Fires are only allowed in demarcated areas.
- No off-roading.
- Clients are not to pass the booms in their vehicles. Access only by foot or MTB.
- Adhere to reserve speed limit of 40km/h on Main Roads and 20km/h on Side Roads.
- At no point may wildlife be disturbed or fed.
- No night driving in private vehicles.
- Report any unsavoury activity to reception (083 308 4000)
- Use of facilities and hiking trails at own risk.
- No music is permitted.
- No Loud noise after 22:00
- Respect other visitors at all times.
Ezemvelo Nature Reserve adopts a Zero tolerance approach to the above rules. Clients will either be fined up to R1000 per offence or asked to leave the premises should they not abide by the rules.