Ezemvelo Nature Reserve offers 3 different hiking trails. You will hike through the different habitats of the reserve amongst the game grazing around you. You may get closer to the animals than you would be with your car. Hiking trails will take you where your car can’t go, on top of a kopi or along a nice stream.
- Comfortable shoes, water, binoculars
- Summer: Sunscreen, hat
- Winter: Rain jacket or poncho
- Walk through grassland and small koppie.
- 5km (1h − 1h30)
- Latest start time: 15:00
- Walk through grassland, small koppie, rocky area, new burnt area.
- 14.6km (3h30)
- Easy (except for a steep part down a kopie, where the rocks can be loose)
- Latest start time: 13:00
- Walk through grassland, small kopie, rocky area, edge of rocky kopie.
- 21km (6h – 7h)
- Tough (long and the part North of the reserve on the side of the kopie can be tricky)
- Latest start time: 11:00